J-S.A.F.E. Project Outcomes:
1) Primarily to support judges and prosecutors in issuing decision-making judgments on cases of radicalization at all stages of the procedures through the use of the most appropriate tools for risk assessment, also with the support of the “Court’s legal expert for assessments of radicalization”;
2) Secondly, to support to prison staff and probation in the execution of sentences through a coherent set of programs and an integrated flow of information, parallel to ECRIS, between multilevel and multiagency actors.
- WS1: Management and coordination of the project;
- WS2: Research and European technical platform for assessing risks;
- WS3: Manuals, guidelines and policy recommendations validated in real environments;
- WS4: European Resource Center and Juridical Experts of the Court for radicalization assessments;
- WS5: Dissemination.
People benefiting from the Project:
The J-S.A.F.E. Consortium planned to reach a good number of people who will benefit from the rpject directly, about 52 legal professionals, judges, prosecutors and supervisory staff and indirectly, about 1000 employees of prison and probation staff, judges and prosecutors.
Expected Project’s outcomes:
The Member States:
– 1: will be better able to deal with the Foreign Terrorist Fighters and subjects radicalized in a multidisciplinary and holistic way, including the sharing of relevant information throughout the “prison chain”;
– 2: coordination strategies will be improved for tailor-made activities and case-by-case rehabilitation programs based on a proper risk assessment and taking due account of the balance between security and Foreign Radicals;
– 3: work in complementarity with EU strategies.
Type and number of Project outputs:
– 1. First of all, an handbook on the harmonization glossary;
– 2. A position Paper on literature and case studies on legislation on radicalization;
– 3. To provide a methodology for comparative risk assessments;
– 4. Tools to facilitate the evaluation of informed decision-making;
– 5. Tool to perform continuous automatic checks;
– 6. Tool to perform audit performance;
– 7. A modular, navigable and user-friendly J-SAFE platform;
– 8. Harmonized guidelines for judges;
– 9. An handbook for first-line and experimental practitioners;
– 10. Manual for prison police and prisoner safety;
– 11. Political recommendations;
– 12. European Resource Center with 52 “Legal Experts of the Courts” for trained radicalization assessments;
– 13. and finally, an implemented dissemination tool.